The Helis company's CSR (social and environmental responsibility) policy
Aware of the today’s challenges related to sustainable development, Helis is committed to stepping up its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) efforts.
This commitment drives us to continually seek balance between economic performance and consideration of social concerns – the environmental and economic responsibilities of the society in which we live.
Our managerial CSR policy is based on 3 guiding principles
As a consulting company, our consultants are the real added value of our company. That is why Helis strives to base its development on skills, motivation, quality of worklife and the well-being of employees.
This commitment in our CSR policy is translated into concrete actions:
- 100% of hires on permanent contracts,
- value sharing via a motivating salary and bonus scheme for our employees,
- the promotion of training. Every year, Helis commits itself to meeting the training needs of its employees through a pre-established plan and by offering various different training programmes designed in collaboration with preferred organisations. Employees are given the opportunity to request training if their role changes or to develop their skills. This is irrespective of their position, experience, length of service, gender, age, etc.
Aware of its role within civil society, Helis strives to conduct its activities in a responsible manner and actively promotes diversity and equal opportunity.
In concrete terms:
- At Helis all decisions (recruitment, promotion, disciplinary measures, transfers, redundancy, training) are taken according to professional criteria and not personal considerations based on background (gender, religion, physical appearance, nationality, private life).
- To combat discrimination in the hiring process, Helis provides its customers with anonymous CVs for the recruitment of its expert consultants. Professional equality is one of our priorities.
Helis is committed to equal employment opportunity with “Nos Quartiers ont du Talent” (our neighbourhoods have talent)
The NQT ( Nos Quartiers ont du Talent) association individually and effectively helps young graduates find employment and work placements by integrating the corporate social responsibility and commitment of public partners.
Since 2018, Helis employees have had the opportunity to sponsor young graduates to help them find a job and/or take part in workshops with them on a specific topic (experience sharing, finding our about your profession, etc.).
Building on its success, and since creating a partnership with the association, approximately 20% of our experienced employees have signed up and mentor the young graduates on a daily basis in order to support them in their job search and share their experience with them.
In order to reduce our impact on the environment, we offer our employees training to raise awareness of sustainable development and eco-friendly behaviours.
As a consulting company primarily specialised in the computing and IT sectors, consideration is also given to Green IT and innovative solutions in our CSR policy. The objective is to help our customers better understand the environmental impacts and their IT solutions.
As the consulting service we offer to companies is essentially based on intellectual services, we are very aware of our social impact both with respect to both our employees and society. We have implemented a CSR policy development plan over two years aimed at embedding our social and environmental commitments more firmly in the Helis development strategy.
In 2018, we decided to incorporate a more responsible and environmentally-friendly policy into our corporate strategy:
- By defining a specifications that includes ecological criteria (compliance with standards, use of materials, maximum transport)
- By assessing service providers based on non-financial criteria (environmental commitments, compliance with standards, sponsorship)
- By going beyond price criteria and giving ecology more importance